Vaginal irritation, itching in labia, brown stringy discharge. On birth control pills. Treatment?

Hello, I am a 20 year old female and I have been sexually active with my boyfriend for about a year. I am visiting family right now so I have not had intercourse with him for a couple of weeks and it seems that right when i stopped I started getting irritated in my vagina area. It itches, mostly at night, under both sides of the labia . Also, on the sides right under my vagina i feel like there are cuts because every time urine or even water touches it, then it stings. Also, I am on birth control and started my period while i was still on my last week of pills. The blood was always brown and stringy. Now that I am on the non hormonal pills, the blood is still brown and stringy or bright red and mucus like. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012