Vaginal discharge, what should I do and is this normal ?

my five week old daughter suddenly has alot of vaginal discharge , she is on no medications. what should i do and is this normal ?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Oct 2010
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, in new born baby girl vaginal discharg is normal phenomena. this is physiological because of hormonal changes in mother which enter in baby by blood during pregnancy. so nothing to worry. it subside gradually without any treatment.
General & Family Physician Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale's  Response
Baby girls get vaginal discharge or sometimes breast swelling (mastitis )due to female harmones reaching through maternal system. there is nothing to worry about ,only thing needed is cleanliness,to avoid infection/rash. there should be no itching or burning in urination(cry while urinating.)