Vaginal bleeding, pregnant. Ultrasound shows no gestational sac, adnexae lesion seen. Suggestions?

I had my last menses on the 24th Nov. 2012, about 6 weeks ago. Recently, I have been experiencing vaginal bleeding for three days now with cramp pains. I went too see my doctor and was asked to take a urinary pregnancy test. I tested positive, but an ultrasound showed no gestational sac and adnexae lesion seen. My doctor advised that I report two weeks later and take the scan again. is there something else I could do within that two weeks?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013