Vaginal bacterial infection, taking metronidazole, swollen vagina, pain. UTI?

I was diagnosed with a vaginal bacteria infection . I have been taking METRONIDAZOLE for 6 days. I am still having pain on only my right side of the vagina. Sometimes it is more painful than others. It almost feels like pressure/pain and is pretty constant. There also seems to be a little bit of swelling towards the top of my vagina on the left side. It does not hurt or burn when I urinate but does feel that I go often. I just had a yearly exam and everything came back clean. Any ideas? Could it be a UTI???
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012