Vagina swollen, itchy, sore to touch. STD?

my vagian above my clitoris hood is swollen and itches . more at night when i am sleep ? this is weird I am 30 and married could this be an std development should I be concerned that my spouse may be sleeping around? i am scared this has never happened before and I wash every day , it s sore to the touch and I am not sure really what it looked like before this(my clitoris) I never really examined it before. I am stressin out, it feels like I ran sandpapper across it!
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013

Welcome to HCM.

Get clinically examined. Get blood tests ( VDRL, ELISA ) done to rule out STD. You should get vaginal swab tests done also.

Keep the genital area dry, moisture will enhance itching. Do not scratch. You can apply mild medicated lotions, neosporin or soframycin oitment for relief. Wash the area with warm water when you visit restroom.

Avoid sex till you are not fine. Your treatment will depend upon your test reports. Take care.