Vagina itches and hurts. Why does it burn while I urinate?

My vagina has been itching and hurting at the same time and I thought it was because I wasn t cleaning it good but I think it is a different reason. Sometimes when I pee it burns and hurts and when i wash down there and put water on it it burns. Then it will get really dry and irritated. Do you know what the problem could be?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012
Thank you for is not clear about the age,intercourse history other complaints or drug intake if may be fungal or UTI or bacterial infection.Please drink lots of fluids water, and use alkalinisers with water .Clean the area twice daily with warm water.If does not subside consult doctor for diagnosis.else you can get back to us for clarifications.