VDRL, TPHA reactive and positive, diagnosed with primary syphilis. How long will it take to cure this?

hi doc, I AM 25 years old. I had my medical exam for employment abroad month ago. all of the other tests are remarkably good but not with the VDRL and TPHA where the result is reactive and positive. I HAD A HISTORY and I remembered that i had sexual contact last February and few weeks later a chancre was evident. I went for consultation for a family doctor and he prescribed me cefuroxime axetil 500mg twice a day only and the result of my rpr is 1;28. The chancre did healed but after about 5 mos. i felt i was sick again so i tried to buy this drug again. i could recall that i have nt had any sexual activities during this period. Now here comes DECEMBER, i applied for a job abroad and that the result was what i have already mentioned above. I went for consultation and i was diagnose to have primary syphilis . i have this 3 consecutive injections of painful PEN-G. Now, my doctor requested for an RPR with dilution and the result was less than 1:1 interpreted as non-reactive. I went back again to the laboratory where i had my medical. The result is still VDRL reactive and TPHA positive. I would like to ask if i was cured already and if this VDRL and TPHA will become non-reactive or negative? how many months/years will it take for these to become negative? Can I still work abroad? thank you and god bless!
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012