Uterus problems at menopause. Is surgery necessary & is there any chance of complications ?

Dr. my mother 52 yers old, is near to menopause and is suffering from heavy bleeding.her abdomen pelvic scan shows that endometrium is 15.5mm thick and has cystic lesions.her right ovary has 28mm thickening with minute cystic lesions.Is there any chance for cancer ?she is suffering from diabetes from past 22 yers. now her fasting & ppbs sugar is 148 &238 .is surgery necessay ? is there any chance of complications ? is the surgery a minor ?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Jan 2011