Uterus cancer. Had hysterectomy. Bowel collapsed. Why bleeding now?

hi, my mum had cancer of the uterous, had a hysterectomy with Professor Shepherd (the best) and was told that they got all of the tumour (it was a high grade one). That was in January. Her bowel then collapsed and she was in hospital for 2 weeks which was really worrying time, but her bowel starting to work again and she made a full recovery. She went for a scan today, which she told me was just routine. Turns out it wasn t as she now admits she has had some bleeding . She has been scanned and the scan is clear but Professor Shepherd has taken tissue of her vagina for tests. Of course I am now worried sick. My mother has told me that there sometimes can be bleeding following a hysterectomy and not to worry.. any thoughts to allay my fears..?
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012