Uterine fibroid detected, periods irregular. Bleeding again after finishing period. How to rectify?

Dear Doctor, I am a 45 years old mother of two healthy and grown up children. After my last ultrasound scan done in 06 /10/12, I was detected with a uterine fibroid which was said to be 4 Cm in size seen in the post latreal wall. All other parameters were normal. Prior to this I had undergone cervical punch biopsy in July 2012 wherein chronic cervicitis was detected and cautri was done. My periods since then are irregular and the cycle has become shorter by 4-5 days. Is this normal? The latest sit is that I had finished with my periods which lasted for 8-9 days and then after a break of five days I am having slight bleeding again. PL advise action to be taken. Regards
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013