Uterine ablation after having heavy periods, have hot flashes. Would Estrogen help ?

I had a uterine oblasion after having heavy periods for years. My physician told me he felt I was beginning menopause . I have not had a period in over 5 years - I am now 57. I don t have symptoms of hot flashes except when I first wake up in the AM but I do have trouble sleeping at times. I am a Hospice Homecare Nurse and feel sometimes I am too tired to sleep. Would Estroven help me? I do not wish to take prescription hormone replacements as I do not feel I have enough symptoms, but would like to be able to sleep. I also feel my husband would appreciate me taking something if it would help my labido. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013