Usually hoards, cannot convince otherwise if an idea occurs in mind. How to resolve this ?

I have a friend whose mother hoards but is also displaying some different types of behaviors. I am just trying to find out if some of these behaviors are also common amongst people who hoard. One of the recent complaints that my friend has expressed is that once his mother gets an idea in her head about something there is no convincng her otherwise. He expressed that she told his sister that she had hid some money in her basement and is now unable to find it. She is convinced that he has gone into her home and taken the money since he has a set of keys to her home. The hoardind she does would make it impossible for anyone to enter the home and go into the basement to find the money without literally removing item by item just to get in and move around. A second incident has occurred where again she gets an idea in her head and no one or nothing can convince her otherwise. Almost like a paranoia
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013