Using vitamin E cream on burn marks from Dettol. Can lighter skin return to normal skin color?

Hi, I have a 5 year old son who sufferred from second degree burn caused by Dettol . It was my mistake to put cotton dabbed with dettol and left for hours on insect bites on his legs (5 spots). It s now been 3 weeks and the scabs are gone but on 3 spots, I can see white skin lighter than his actual complexion replaced the burn. Also, 2 of the spots are still red and taking a while to heal. I am currently using Vitamin E cream on his legs and sunscreen. Can the lighter skin still go back to his normal skin colour? As for the other 2 burns (1 had a blister, and the other had pus and got inflammed so you can see a little bit of elevated pink skin on the burn) what can i do to make them heal faster and prevent it from scarring or depigmentation? Thank you,
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012