Using smokeless tobacco, discoloration in cheek. Concerned about leukoplakia

Hi I am 28 years old was using smokeless tobacco for past 8 years. And recently quit few days back. I don t see any white patches in my cheek , but the place where use to keep the stuff is different from other cheek areas. I am concerned that it may be leukoplakia or i might have cancer . What are the chances that it may be cancer, will this area change in due course of time to normal? What will you suggest as the best course of action?? I regret I used tobacco :-(
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012