Using skin lite cream, skin has become light. If i stop, come back to my original color. Any side effects on continue?

Hello Dr. This is Anu from chennai.... im using skin lite cream since last two month.. i can observe that my skin has become light than earlier .. but the problem is as i stop using it, i come back to my original color.. my question is how shall i maintain with the lite tone and is there any side effects on continue using skin lite.. please guide me
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Hello.The cream that you refer contains hydroquinone and mometasone
Prolonged use of hydroquinone causes permanent depigmentation.
Prolonged use of mometasone cause skin atrophy.Consequently, the prolonged use of the cream that you refer is contraindicated.Remember you that avoid excessive exposure to the sun, use sunscreen and avoid stress are beneficial for your skin.I wish you good health.
(If the answer has helped you, please indicate this)