Using methatrexate and salfasalazine. Suffer from sleeplessness. Have fibromyalgia, psoriatic arthritis. Symptoms due to medication?

Please can you tell me if methatrexate can be a cause for poor sleep. I have been on this drug, together with Salfasalazine now for 6 years and I am suffering from real sleep depravation. Some nights I might go straight to sleep but wake up two or three times a night, others I am awake all night or until at least 4.00am. My doctor has me on nitrazepam but I have been trying to get off it but it is nearly impossible. I have psoriatic arthritis , I have suffered from fybromialgia, but don t have any problems while on these drugs. I have tried several remedies from health food shops to try to get off the sleeping tablets, but can t. I am so tired I am just fed up.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013