Using loette oral contraceptive, stopped and started again, vaginal spotting. Normal symptoms?

Hi, I am on Loette oral contraceptive and I am experiencing some blood spotting. Is this normal? I was using the same pill for about 6 months, when I had no spotting at all. I then stopped using the pill for a while and have started again now. This time I am experiencing the spotting. I am a 26 year old married women. Please advise.
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013
Mar 2013
It is a common side effect while on oral contraceptives, to have some kind of irregular spotting.
Also, it is more common during the first month of pill use, and particularly, as you mentioned, when you stop the pills and resume again after a gap.
So do not worry about it.
Please take the pills on time, do not miss pills and see to it that you are not taking any other medications which affect the efficacy of oral contraceptive pills.
Moreover, you should have regular follow up with your health care provider to rule out any other problems which cause spotting.