Using lactaid for lactose intolerance. Projectile vomiting after eating ice cream despite taking medication. Side effect or allergy?

I am lactose intolerant and started using Lactaid sporadically about 6 months ago. Early in December I took one pill before eating ice cream. Within a couple of hours I was vomiting . It lasted about an hour and left me weak and sweating. I figured I had eaten too much rich food (I was on vacation). Was serving Egg Nog on Christmas Eve and took another Lactaid pill. Ate a full Christmas dinner and 2 hours later - explosive projectile vomiting lasting several hours - almost went to hospital. Again left weak and sweating. Can one be allergic to something in those pills? Will never take another one, that s for sure!! There are no listings of side effects on the packaging.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013