Using hair removal cream, soreness in vagina. Had unsafe sex. What is wrong?

Hi I wanted to know if I can get herpes by using hair removal cream.. I didn't have any cuts or sores before but the hair removal cream was not suppose to be used for the bikini region which I only found out afterwards.. After using the cream I had unprotected sex once and then a week and a bit later the burns from the hair removal cream got worse but turned to blisters so is it possible that the burn was irritated enough to cause herpes itself or can it only be passed on through sex?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013