Using gentian violet for thrush on nipple area, have burning on areola since. Reason?

I stopped breastfeeding about 3-4 weeks ago becasue i developed thrush on nipple area. I used different kinds of ointments which didnt help at all. I recently bought gentian violet and have been applying it and noticed that ever since I have been experiencing some burning on some parts of my areola . Now I dont know if my thrush spread to my areola or if I just reacted to the gentian violet and maybe irritated my areola.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013