Using femilon. Have migraine. Why is my stomach bulging?

dear dr. i am using femilon for last 2 yrs and have one baby of 3 yrs. i am having abbrupt wt. gain. my BMI is at the last boundary of normal status. i am a working women and have problem of migrain so cannot skip meals but i take normal meals. i do walking but does not get time to do regular exercise. please suggest me , should i stop taking femilon and move to any other oral contraceptive . its just that my stomatch is bulging out but rest of my body has not shown abrupt changes. please suggest me what to do.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012
Diabetologist 's  Response
Dear madam

Femilon is an harmonal pill which is an estrogen, which when taken for a long time can cause headache and migraine. So the simple remedy is to stop femilon and observe for few days. Concequently check for refractive errors once.. thanks