Using contact lenses for eye power. Getting blurred vision. Any alternate cure?

Hi ! I am 39 years old. Power of right eye is -3.5 and left eye is -3.0. I am wearing contact lenses since past 2 decades and I didnt have to change my prescription more than twice. Last week, I felt the vision from my left eye wasnt very clear. My doctor has told me that my eyes appear very strained and that I have 0.5 cylindrical power in my left eye now. Is there a way, it can be cured? Thanks in advance for your help !
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013