Using cervical collar since weeks, have developed severe headaches, no relief with pain killers. Help?

I was in a cervical collar for 6 weeks: 2 weeks in a rigid one and 4 in a soft one. I had to wear the collars 24/7. I developed headaches on the right side of my head when I started using the collar. The headaches are horribly painful. They involve the trigeminal nerve , side of the nose, top of head, base of skull and around the eye area. I believe the collar positioned my head incorrectly and the headaches are a result. Typically a headache lasts for 3 days. I m bedridden with it and no painkiller works on it. My neurologist is baffled. Any insight you have would be helpful.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013