Using betnovate for a long time. Itching on the face upon stopping the medication

I am 33 years old and I used betnovate for the last 10 years on my face to get clean and smooth face. I am aware it's not to be used on face regularly and for a long time but I can't achieve the same result with any other other word I am addicted to it and I hate my face every time I stopped using it. As soon as I stopped using betnovate my face start to itch, get lots of rush and is discolored.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
You have been using betnovate over your face since long,,,and you must have developed side effects of steroid abuse on your face along with dependence....So my advise would be to visit a dermatologist who can assess your skin and treat you accordingly,,,In such cases,usually a less potent steroid is given to the patient for some time before completely stopping it,,,so as to reduce the dependence and to decrease the side effects of sudden withdrawl.

Hope it helps
Dr Geetika Paul