Using a custom knee brace after knee surgery. Severe pain, tenderness and swelling on the knee. Why?

I had knee surgery a year ago.was provided a custom knee brace.wear it when a lot of walking and standing required.two weeks ago I sudden had severe pain,tenderness and I could barly put pressure on my knee.I kept it i.c.e much as possible and i took 800mg ibu.thursday night I discover that i was hurting along the area were my brace fits and my knee is swollen and it pops after each rub with bengay.sometimes I can feel pain traveling down my leg to my toes.but for the most part my leg is very tender to touch,swollen and my knee aches when i touch it a little knee aches 24/7.what could this be and why ?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013