Using Valproic acid long-term. Itchy rash on upper body. Taking antibiotics. Cause?

my son,age 21 years has been a long time user of valproic acid(over 10 years). for the last 6 weeks he has developed some rash on his upper body(chest/back/arms/forearms) with itching.
we have consulted various drs(including 2 skin specialists) who put him on anti allergic medicines, anti biotics, and steroids oral as well as local applications but nothing has helped.
his rash is like small acne/boils red in color and there is itching there as well.
please suggest what could be the cause. he is on other anti epileptic meds too like pregalin/frisium/zonisep.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013