Using Pradaxa for atrial fibrillation, having eye discomfort. Can I use Xarelto instead ?

Hello Doc, My name is AAA . I have atrial fibrillation(non valvular ) and have used Pradaxa since my episode with the afib in Feb 2011. I know that it is a thrombin inhibitor. I recently learned about Xarelto. It is a factor 10a inhibitor. I believe the Pradaxa is at too high a dose or is causing some eye discomfort at this time. I plan a doctor visit in the very near future(tomorrow as a fact). My questions. What is the difference in the way the two drugs work?. Which works better for afib?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013