Using Atacand 16-12.5 HTN med for 10 yrs without side effects. Will switching to Benicar have no side effects ?

I have been notifed that my Atacand 16-12.5 HTN med has moved from a Tier 1 to a Tier 3 drug. I have used it for 10 years with good BP control and no sexual side effects. The cost of Atacand has suddenly skyrocked from $60. to $151. for same 90 pills. Ughh! My RX insurance drug plan (Medco) suggests has made Benicar a Tier 1 now (which I have never used). If I want to control cost i need to switch to Benicar. I have serious concens, little to no info on Benicar, and no experience Benicar. What is the likelihood of having different side effects, especially sexual side effects from Benicar? I am sure it will probably control the BP as do many brands. I need some professional advice.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013