Used septocaine. Sparks burnt tongue. Why is tongue raw with punctured lips?

I went to the dentist today. She stated she used septocaine. While giving administering the septocaine, sparks were shocking me and burning my tongue . After the septocaine wore out, my tongue is raw and there are puncture marks on my lips . Are there chemicals in spectocaine which could possibly have similar signs affects?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012
Dentist, Prosthodontics 's  Response
Septocaine is a local anesthetic which usually does not have any side effects until one is specifically allergic to it, which is a rare occurence. while giving any local anesthetic there is a burning senstation in the area where the material is getting deposited, which is normal. If your dental procedure took a long time then the cracking of lips and raw tongue maybe due to cnstantly keeping your mouth open. lips get dry and crack when the mouth is open for a long time, applying any good lip balm should solve the problem. if the discomfort persists or increases, i would strongly recommend that you consult your dentist.