Used olive oil in ear. Lymph node behind ear gets swollen. What to do?

Hello, my 3 year old daughter had some hard earwax buildup in her ear. I had been putting olive oil in it to get it to come out and it hadnt so I took her to our family practitioner who then removed it. In the meantime her lymph node behind that ear had become swollen. The doctor did not see any infection and said that the lymph node should drain on its own now. That was almost 2 days ago and it has not. She still will complain a little that it hurts. Is there anything I can do to help it drain? Possibly hot compress, etc.? If it is not better by Monday morning, I will take her in again to the doctor, thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Lymph nodes are located at various points around the body. Because small children commonly have upper respiratory tract infections (cough and cold, ear infections), the lymph nodes in the cervical region are commonly enlarged.

The nodes increase in size if there is any inflammatory or infectious condition in the area that it is responsible for draining.

If there was no infection detected by the doctor then you can consider giving her something for the pain such as paracetamol or ibuprofen.
A warm compress may also be helpful.

I hope this helps