Used counter wart remover. Why has the area turned bright and red?

I had a wart on my next and used an over the counter wart remover. I was a liquid and I just painted it on with the brush it came with. When I first applied it, it burned a little. But as it dried the burning sensation went away. After a day and a half, I applied the remover 3 times, I washed off the remover to check to progress. The wart and surrounding skin had turned bright red and were incredibly sensitive. I think the wart remover has burned my skin. What can I do to help my next heal and to get rid of the redness? How long will it take to heal and is there a possibility it will scar .
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012