Used chemical peel on face. Having dark pigmentation under the lips. Solution?

I am 45 years old and I am an African American female. Like most people of my ethnic background I came into this world a much lighter skin tone than I am right now. By black people standards when I was born I was light skinned. I was not not high yellow but I was on the light side. In my childhood I received several dark hyper-pigmentation scars on my arms and legs. On my face I did a mild home chemical peel when I was around 20 years old, and it left a very dark hyper-pigmentation scar under my entire lower lip . I am very self conscious about these scars. Putting make-up on the scarring sometimes just makes it more obvious. Which then makes me even more embarrassed about the situation. What advise can you give me.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013