Urine tests showed strep in urine. Had take PICC line medicines post appendectomy earlier in the week. Related?. R

My 12 year old daughter had an appendectomy a month ago. 10 days later she had a procedure to drain an absess from infection due to the appendectomy. She completed PICC line antibiotics a week ago, but has had urinary issues for a couple weeks. Today urine test came back that she has strep in her urine (UTI). Is this related to the appendix/absess issues? Why didn't the IV antibiotics kill any bacteria present?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013