Urine retention during pregnancy after Foley catheter was removed. Suggestions?

Hi i am about to be 17 wks pregnant and was diagnosed with urine retention as i was unable to void myself on two occasions, i held 1.5litres the first time, i had a foley in for severval days and it was removed unfortunately 6 days later the same thing happened, i have now had this in for 8days and am hoping to have it removed in a week. i now have the urgency to urinate and my leg bag is not even a 1/3 to half full, should i comtemplate on asking my doc to remove my foley, is it causing more problems?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013