Urine pregnancy test negative after unprotected sex. Severe bleeding. Miscarriage?

Hello. About three weeks ago i had unprotected sex with my fiance but at home and doctor s urine pregnancy test was negative. My period comes on the 15th of every month but it came on the 8th of this month. My cycle only lasts 4 days and its always thick, for some reason, when I was inserting my tampon , darker than usual watery blood literally splashed onto the floor then followed with a dark slim. I had to use a tampon and a pad to stop from leaking through my clothes. What could this possibly mean, miscarriage???
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012