Urine infections, stinging on urinating, frequent urges. Causes for symptoms?

Hi, I ve had urine infections on and off for around a year. Ive had biotics and tablets for it and it kept coming back. Then I went to my gp and had a test where she gave me some different tablets and I haven t had an infection for months. I started my period yesterday and now I keep having stinging when going to the toliet and feeling like I need the toliet all of the time. What do I do? Could it just be something to do with my period?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012