Urine bladder trabeculated, had cystoscopy, got severe infection, vaccinated with microtaz, no urge to urinate. Cure?

I am ailing from protatomegaly and doctor after cystoscopy told me that my urine bladder is trabeculated. After cystoscopy I got svere infection and vaccinated with microtaz and mikacin for 10 days and also catherized. Now, infection is removed and the problem of sudden urge to urinate is not felt. However, I have week urine flow and taking contiflow OD. Doctor says that I will help to delay surgery as i am 42 years old now. Guide me, whether i am getting right treatment ? Or due to delaying surgery it may worse the condition of bladder. Whether there is any treatment avoiding surgery at this stage?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013