Urine HCG positive. Prescribed norethisterone. Will ovulation or medication increase HCG levels?

Hi, My period delay for 2 months and I test the urine HCG show positive. 1 day before I do the transvaginal ultrasound , the doctor told me my uterus have thick menstrual blood and an ovul, the period will come soon. She give me norethisterone( morning 2 pills and evening 2 pills). She told me after stop the norethisterone for 2 days,period will start. Will ovulation will increase hcg level?or norethisterone will increase hcg level?
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013