Urinating foam, dark and smelly, loss of appetite. Kidney malfunction?

I have diabetes type 2, for 15 years now. All my kidney function tests have been normal. Although for some time now I developed anemia and my protein has been below normal on serum labs. Recently I have been urinating foam. Sometimes its dark and smells, but sometimes its clear. Foam was not frequent before, but is real frequent now. I have lost my appetite. And I am very tired all the time. Can my kidneys be mal-functioning even though my last labs showed good function?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012