Urinary tract infection, recurring condition, sexually active. Taking birth control. Treatment?

I had my first UTI about 3 weeks ago. And the symptoms are coming back. They started coming the third day of my period. Me and my boyfriend are sexually active but, there s no chance for std s because we were both abstinent previous to the relationship. I didnt take the last day of my UTI antibiotics , i use birth control(Tri-Sprentec), i use vagisil soap, i havent been drinking a lot of water recently, and my diet is messed up. So it could be a mix of a couple things. Will my doctor freak out if i go back so soon? I just want the antibiotics. Nothing more. Any help on how to avoid another UTI?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Urologist 's  Response
In sexually active females urinary infection is common. Sexual intercourse predisposes to infection in some females. Get your urine cultured and treat it with appropriate antibiotics. Confirm the complete response to antibiotic by doing urine examination.
You might be prone for recurrent infection. Always drink adequate water. Atleast 2-3 ltr daily. Empty your bladder before and after intercourse. Observe if your episodes of infection is preceded by intercourse. If that is the case then you might need a single dose antibiotic after intercourse. consult a urologist.