Urinary bladder infection treated with cipro. Having back pain with urgency for urination, fever. Kidney affected?

I had a bladder infection more than a couple of weeks ago. Called the doctor and he gave me Cipro. Felt better and thought everything was ok for a few days then started feeling the pain and urgency again. I medicated with otc meds this time and it seemed to go away I thought. This week I developed unbelievable back pain on my right side. The pain goes from under the right ribcage all the way around to my back. I don t have the urgency however, when I urinate it does feel like it might start hurting but doesn t. If that makes sense. I have been running 101 fever for 3 days. Do you think the infection has spread to my kidneys?
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012