Urge to urinate, unable to empty bladder, small amount of urine, irritation. Causes?

Recently with in the last hour i felt the normal need to urinate, i went and as soon as i was done i felt the pressure like if i was holding it for a long time and i needed to go, but it seemed there was no urine left. After that i keep feeling the urge and pressure to urinate and when i try to either nothing happens ore a very very small amount comes out. I feel a little irritation too. Should i go to my doctor?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have acute UTI .

Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics along with urinary antispasmodics like Flavoxate twice daily .

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hopefully this will get cured within a week.