Urge to frequently blow the nose due to severe blockage, foul smell at the back of nose. Normal?

i got a cold 3-4 weeks ago and i dont have any fever or anything like that, I just have a blocked nose . I have very very thick mucus that is a yellow colour and i need to blow my nose ever 1-2 hours throughout the day to relieve the blockedness. i can also smell a bad odour at the back of my nose. its hard to describe, but the closest would be a sort of metallic smell? is this normal? i am not sure of any allergies
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012