Urge to evacuate after constipation. Have normal diet. PSVT episodes. Abdominal distension, why?

Dear Doctor For some time now i am having constipation and feel a urge for evacuation but after lots of straining,only a small quantity of stool is passed. so far i am taking my normal diet and have felt that rice makes me sick with heaviness in upper abdomen. During a throat infection,when i took Amoxycilin with lactic acid baccilus,it was (constipation) gone for few days.I do not feel any abdominal pain , nausea .I have not tried any laxatives. Sir,i had three-four episodes of PSVT in last ten years,and is presently on verapamil120SR.Also these episodes of PSVT occured only after abdominal distension ,and rumbling in intestine . i shall wait for your reply with regards Himadri Bhattacharya
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012