Upper stomach pains in the center extending downwards, aggravates on eating. No relief with medicines. Help?

I am a 32 year old female. I started having pains in my upper stomach that woke me up from my sleep last night. It is right in the center and it feels as thought the pain is shooting slightly down and outward. I have taken Alka-Selzter, it didn t help. I have taken Pepto and that also has not helped. I noticed that it hurts worse when I eat something. It has also gotten worse throughout the day. I have had no problems with bowel movements or passing gas. It does at times feel as though my stomach is gurgling or bubbly, but it is still a sharp pain.
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012