Upper rib area in pain. Due to a broken rib? Why legs have swollen?

I have had pain for years ranging from mild to serve in the upper right rib area through to the back this comes and goes and seems to remain present in a very mild form.I was hospitalised with dry pluracy some years back and the pain is very simlar. I had been told that I had broken a rib years ago and put it down to this and as it increase over the years put this down to calsification. I recently found the broken rib was higher up my chest . I went to the doctors as I had resisual leg pain after flying similar to the pain left after aleg cramps in the same area. Whilst in flight my legs swelled and for a few hours pins and needles set in. A blood test was done and my ALT is74H. What are the recommendation I am a 44yo overweight but very active female.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012