Upper respiratory cold, feeling of something near epiglottis, tonsils rip, burning in throat, difficulty in swallowing. Help?

I have had an upper respiratory cold for about 2 weeks now. I blew my nose about 1.5 weeks ago and it felt like something in my throat near my epiglottis and tonsils ripped and has not stopped feeling like a burning sensation and like something is slicing my throat only on the left side. What could that be? it is painful to swallow and I definitely can t eat anythign spicy or drink sodas. Soup is fine but again it is only on the left side. help?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012