Upper lips has turned dry and dark, feels numb, peeling causes burning sensation. Is it allergy?

My upper lip became oddly splotchy and seems to be really dry and darker than usual. It feels numb and when I run my tongue or finger over it, it feels spotty. It s been like this for a week now, and I ve tried a few lip balms but it doesn t seem to do anything. Peeling at the dry bits causes some tingling/slight burning sensation. Read some other answers below and I did suspect some mild allergy although I m not sure what it could be and whether an allergy could last more than a week as this has been
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013