Upper lip sore and irritable. Why is it swollen now? What can it be?

Yes concerned about under the inside of my upper lip right where it comes down toward my lower lip was sore around the edge last night felt sore and irritated, this morning it is slightly swollen and sore in that area? never had this before appears there may be a tiny sore spot under my top lip right where it would touch my left front tooth if my mouth is shut. I have regular dental check ups and very good oral health as a rule what might this be?
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012