Upper left side by rib cage have a bump, how to get rid of it ?

Hi Dr.! My problem is I feel a bump or like something hard inside my upper left side by my ribcage . Its where I have the opening of my stomach area (if I m right on what its called). It does give me discomfort, some pain but its tolerable and feels inflammated thru the outside. I can feel the difference from both sides, I also fell like little ridges on my stomach not smooth like it should be. What can this be? I have never had this before. I am a 37 yr. old Female with High Blood Pressure and Palpitations. I doubt this can be causing it.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Feb 2011